Many people are unclear as to what the Town Council actually does
with tax payers money.
The Town Council currently provides the following services:
Leisure & Sports Facilities
- Children's Play Areas at:-
Upper Memorial Park, Park Road, Lower Memorial Park,
Downfield, Kelston Road, Teviot Road, Holmoak Road, Manor Road
- Basketball facilities at Teviot Road & Holmoak Road
- Football Pitches/Pavilion at Manor Road - Fees
- Floodlit Multi Sport Site at Memorial Park - FREE TENNIS - for information please contact Keynsham Town Council - 0117-9868683 e mail email@example.com
- Skateboard facility at Memorial Park
- Cemetery and Chapel at Durley Hill
- Bus Shelters
- Roadside Seats/Litter bins
- Public Notice Boards - situated at Holmoak Road, Queens Road and Chandag Road
- Maintenance of green footpaths within Keynsham town.
Management & Administration
There is also a certain amount of resources that has to be given over to running the Town Council including:
- Democratic Services
- Investment Management
- Financial Management
- Town Council Offices and Equipment
- Information for Members and the Public
- Keynsham works in partnership and liaises with B&NES on a regular basis on matters relating to the town
Keynsham Allotment Association
Keynsham Allotment Association was established in 1987 to provide allotments to the community of Keynsham. The Association looks after 120 allotments at the site on Park Road, Keynsham. It is subsidised by Keynsham Town Council, which financially supports the Association with rent payments and major repairs that are needed at the site.
The Association takes responsibility for allocation, inspection of allotments and maintenance and management of the site. Each allotment is approximately 150 square yards in size, and there is a water supply at the site.
For more details on plots availability and prices, please contact the Association's Treasurer: Mr Brian Withyman Tel.0117 9868042. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. To view the Keynsham Allotment website please go to our Links section, found in the column to the left of this page.
Back to top