Published: 17 April 2020
WE Care, our commissioned home improvement agency, have reconfigured our hospital discharge and admission avoidance service for Bath & North East Somerset. This is in response to the potential for increased pressure on hospital beds as a result of COVID-19.
The service can now offer a same day response to referrals for essential repairs, minor home adaptations, and also casework for making space where required, to allow residents to leave hospital. The most relevant points are:
- Referrals from Virgin Care, NHS, hospitals and other partners to:
- Services for admission prevention and same day safe hospital discharge typically include:
- Home from Hospital Casework service - Mainly clean and clears, home safety and minor repairs.
- Hospital Discharge Handyperson service – installation of minor adaptations e.g. grab rails, bannister rails, and key safes.
- Falls prevention/ Admission avoidance service - accident prevention work to enable residents to remain safe and secure in the home environment. e.g. grab rails, bannister rails, key safes, outdoor handrails.
- Available to B&NES hospitals and health and social care teams including:
- RUH, St Martins hospital, Paulton hospital Virgin Care Community Rehab Teams, Falls clinic, GPs, OTs, Paramedics WE Care is working closely with Age UK, the discharge lead at RUH and Virgin Care to coordinate referrals currently Monday to Friday but may increase to 7 days at a later date subject to demand. The service can support a greater volume of work and is available from Thursday the 9th April 2020 until further notice.