Tennis Courts to Reopen
Published: 20 May 2020
The Memorial Park Tennis Courts will re-open tomorrow, Thursday 21st May 2020, and will be available for play in hourly slots from 8am – 4pm every day including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Initially this will be trialled on a first come first served basis although if there are people waiting to play, then you must give up the court at the end of the hour.
Conditions of play:
- Social distancing practices must be strictly adhered to
- Doubles play is not allowed (unless all four players are from the same household)
- Mark and use your own tennis balls (Coronavirus can be carried on tennis balls so if you need to return a ball to an adjacent court do so with your racket)
- Do not shake hands at the end of the game (the ATP and WTA are encouraging players to simply tap rackets)
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court - if you need to wait then do so away from the courts and clear of the gates
- Ensure you leave the court before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players
- A member of the Keynsham Town Council’s grounds team or a Town Councillor will arrive at 4pm to lock the courts. Please make sure that you leave the courts in a timely fashion, keeping your social distance and behaving courteously at all times.
Failure to meet these conditions will result in the courts being closed again.
For more information on how to stay safe whilst playing you can see the Lawn Tennis Associations ‘Play Safe’ guidelines here: www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players---covid-19.pdf
These Courts are managed by Keynsham Town Council who can be contacted by phone on 07904 161097 or email email@example.com